Since we have to suffer through the Los Angeles summer heat without air conditioning in the majority of our not-so-energy-efficient house, we have to get a little creative with cooling down. Having worked at a smoothie shop during some of my college years, I’ve experimented quite a bit with smoothies – and what better way to cool down that with an all-fruit, tart and lip-smacking Raspberry-Lime Smoothie? The super easy recipe after the jump!
- Approx. 1 cup berry juice (raspberry if you can find it, I used a store-bought blueberry/cranberry concoction)
- 1/4 cup frozen raspberries
- 1/3 cup frozen blueberries
- 1/2 lime, no rind
Makes 1 smoothie.
See? That was easy!
Some additional tips:
- Blueberries are high in fiber and Vitamin C, while the raw lime keeps everything nice and tart.
- Buy fresh fruit while it’s on sale and freeze it – it’s much cheaper than buying fresh at full price and even those bags of frozen fruit. I usually go organic so saving $ is key!
- You can also include yogurt or raspberry sorbet to beef it up a bit